Tuesday, March 7, 2017

THAT SOMEONE SPECIAL - by © Richard Netherland Cook





THAT SOMEONE SPECIAL   

by  ©  Richard Netherland Cook  



She is the apple of my eye,
The reason that I live.
She is all that I could wish for.
My heart to her I give.

It is for that someone special,
These words that I do pen,
To thank her for always being
My wife and my best friend.

She has the will to live until
The last breath she does take.
There is the love within her heart,
Such good memories to make.

She is the sunshine in my morning,
The star that's in my sky,
And if I should ever lose her,
Then I would surely die.

She stands always at my side,
No matter what comes our way.
She comforts me with steadfast love,
Each and every day.

She carries many burdens,
And her heart is sometimes broken,
By all the thanks she never gets,
And all the words unspoken.

I know her life is not her own,
I always seem so needy,
And asking her to do one more thing,
I feel so really greedy.

How can I ever thank her
For all she has done for me?
I can only give her all my heart,
And love her to eternity.

I hope that when the end comes,
And she meets God face to face,
He will tell her that in Heaven
She has a special place.