Monday, January 16, 2017

FEW POEMS AND SAYING FOR / ABOUT DOCTORS




*

 Medicines can cure, but a good doctor’s inspirational words can give the strength to fight from within. Thanks for doing just that.

*

Good doctors know how to prescribe the most important drug of all – a positive attitude. Thanks for doing just that.


*


DOCTOR'S  NOTE  


by  Trinity Jones


You don't suffer
from depression
until you let it change you

There is no battle to fight
unless you let the enemy in

Nothing is lost
if you hold on

After all
this is your life
you call the shots
call 'em right


*

Thanks for teaching me the difference between Fact and Faith: Fact is when any ordinary doctor diagnoses illness in a report. Faith is when good doctors like you give their patients the strength to recover.

*

You have been much more to me than just a doctor. You have been my therapist, supporter, friend, well wisher and angel in disguise. Thank you.


*

ASPIRING  DOCTOR  

by  D'Arcy Sahn


Everybody has their story
I want to here them all at once
To feel them all at once
With a curious disconnect
A clinical warmth
To compartmentalize with a surgeon's precision
Then when my heart is full,
Burst open and bathe everyone in empathy
But not emotion


*

The very thought of hospitalization is scary and traumatizing. But caring doctors like you make it friendly and pleasing. Thanks for your effective analysis and diagnosis. Else, I would never have been able to continue living a life of bliss.


*



MISTER DOCTOR, I FEEL MAD

  by   Merope Angel


The bones betray me,
My stomach lining
Thinned out by you
Mister Doctor, can you heal me?
I swear, I won't be mad at you.

I can't control you, but I'll control myself.
Whatever shall we do?

You delay the surgery,
Give me pills.

Mister doctor, I want to walk again.
Mister doctor, sorry I'm poor.
Gotta girl on my Facebook page with a similar name, I know she'd never be treated like this, do you?

No...
She'd be back at school
Way too soon
There to boast and whine about her race making her less equal to you

And what am I to do?
Mister doctor, I feel mad.
Mad to think that I can ever heal.
Mad to think that I can heal too...



*


 Many of your patients have recommended you as a good doctor. But I am going one step further to also to recommend you as a great human being. Thanks.


*



DOCTOR'S I CAN'T  AFFORD   


by   Michael Ryan


They are the heart givers
and the breath takers
without them I cannot live
but just like my exgirlfriend
they can't seem to find
where they left their compassion.

I cannot breathe
but that is only because it cost too much to live
understanding their desire of money
it pains me to know greed
not of my own will be the cause of my death.

That in my generosity I forgot
planting trees does not grow the greens they seek
and the carrots sprouting are ones they eat
not the ones they don't wear to the office
but dance around their family with.

Education was supposed to be their gravity
and with each ounce of knowledge
built an anchor to the moon
because instead of humanity
they've become a celestial star
whose imagination wanders
outside the orbit of those who may be suffering.

A broken hearted soul
paves the waiting room with their corpse
because while in the void
something had to go and
it wasn't the money
but a man that couldn't
afford to keep his heart going.


*



 Good doctors understand responsibility better than privilege and practice accountability better than business. Thanks for being one such doc.




С