Tuesday, February 26, 2013

CHRISTIAN POETRY



                                         






Dear God


So far today I have done all right.
I haven't gossiped.
I haven't lost my temper.
I haven't been greedy, grumpy,
nasty, selfish or overindulgent.
I am very thankful for that!
But in a few minutes, Lord,
I am going to get out of this bed,
And from then on,
I'm probably going to need a lot more help.
Amen

Author Unknown






GOD CAN


When you feel unlovable, unworthy and unclean,
When you think that no one can heal you,
Remember, Friend,
God Can.
When you think that you are unforgivable
For your guilt and your shame
Remember, Friend,
God Can.
When you think that all is hidden
And no one can see within
Remember, Friend,
God Can.
And when you have reached the bottom
And you think that no one can hear
Remember my dear Friend
God Can.
And when you think that no one can love
The real person deep inside of you
Remember my dear Friend,
God Does.
Author Unknown






Heaven's Grocery Store





I was walking down life's highway a long time ago. One day I saw a sign that read, "Heaven's Grocery Store". As I got a little closer the door came open wide, and when I came to myself I was standing inside. I saw a host of Angels, they were standing everywhere. One handed me a blanket and said, "My Child shop with care". Everything a Christian needs is in that grocery store, and all you can't carry, come back the next day for more.




First, I got some Patience, Love was in the same row.
Further down was Understanding, needed everywhere you go.
I got a box or two of Wisdom, a bag or two of Faith,
I just couldn't miss the Holy Ghost, it was all over the place.
I stopped to get some Strength and Courage to help me run this race,
but then my blanket was getting full, and I remembered I needed Grace.

I didn't forget Salvation, which like the others was free,
so I tried to get enough of that to save both you and me.
Then I started to the counter to pay my grocery bill,
for I thought I had everything to do my master's will.
As I went up the aisle, I saw Prayer and had to put it in,
for I knew when I stepped outside, I would run right into sin.
Peace and Joy were plentiful, they were on the last shelf.
Song and Praises were hanging near, so I just helped myself.

Then I said to the Angel, "How much do I owe"?
The Angel smiled and said, "Just take them everywhere you go."
Again, I politely asked "How much do I really owe?"
The Angel smiled again and said, "My Child, Jesus Paid Your Bill
A Long Time Ago."






Christian Alphabet

A lthough things are not perfect

B ecause of trial or pain
C ontinue in Thanksgiving
D o not begin to blame
E ven when the times are hard
F ierce winds are bound to blow
G od is forever able
H old on to what you know
I magine life without His love
J oy would cease to be
K eep thanking Him for all the things
L ove imparts to thee
M ove out of "Camp Complaining"
N o weapon that is known
O n earth can yield power
P raise can do alone
Q uit looking at the future
R edeem the time at hand
S tart every day with worship
T o thank is a command
U ntil we see him coming
V ictorious in the sky
W e'll run the race with gratitude
X alting God's Most High
Y es, there will be good times, and yes some will be bad, but...
Z ion waits in glory...where none are ever sad.
Author Unknown





Always Say A Prayer (A.S.A.P.)


There's work to do, deadlines to meet,
you've got no time to spare,
But as you hurry and scurry,
always say a prayer.
In the midst of family chaos,
"quality time" is rare.
Do your best; let God do the rest:
Always say a prayer.
It may seem like your worries are
more than you can bear.
Slow down and take a breather-
always say a prayer.
God knows how stressful life is;
He wants to ease our cares,
and He'll respond ASAP-
Always say a prayer!