Saturday, May 12, 2012

MOTHER - POETRY ABOUT MOTHERS



http://nsa25.casimages.com/img/2011/03/24/110324071345373602.jpg




A Mother

by Anonymous
 

A Mother is one who
understands the things
you say and do

Who always overlooks
your faults and sees the
best in you

A Mother is one whose
special love inspires you
day by day.

Who fills your heart with
gladness in her warm
and thoughtful way.

A Mother is all these things
and more - the greatest
treasure known.

And the dearest Mother in
all of the world is the one I
call my own.







































My Mother My Friend

by Anonymous
 

You were my fairy tale princess,
So much larger than life.
You were my angel and my witness
Through all my pain and strife.

At times you made me angry,
Great words I would proclaim
How someday you'd be sorry.
You were the one to blame.

But when I needed comforting
You always found the time.
Your words were more soothing
Than days of childhood sublime.

Now the distance holds us apart,
The boundaries have no end.
I'll hold the memories in my heart.
You're my mother, my best friend













A Mother Like You

by Hannah
 

For all the times you've been there
from the day I was born
You've always gave me courage
to do as I perform

You call to say hello
you send me notes to say you care
And when we are together
a special momentis shared

Forthe many things you've done
for all the times ou were there
Helps me to know deep down
how much you really care

Even though I might not say it,
I really appreciate all you do
So powerfully blessed is how I feel
for having a mother like you.












A Mother's Gift

by Janette Fisher
 

From the very first time, you hold your child
Their first gift is your heart forever,
The love you give and they return
Is the bond that will hold you together

Throughout their life, your love will be
A light that guides their way
The beacon aglow in the darkness
Should they ever go astray

Your love will give them courage
When the way ahead is unclear
And will give them strength, when needed
To help overcome their fears

Your love will accept them for who they are
Whatever they say or do,
Your love will forgive unreservedly
Because they are a part of you

It's a love that will know no barriers
Have no bounds, no expectations
Your love will be unconditional,
Pure, with no complications

A love that remains as constant
As the stars in the heaven above
A gift no money on earth can buy,
The gift of a mother's love.












A Mother's Love

by Michael O. Adesanya
 

There are times only when a Mother's love
Can understand our tears,
Can soothe our disappointments
And calm all our fears.

There are times when only a Mother's Love
Can share the joy we feel
When something we've dreamed about
Quite suddenly is real.

There are times when only a Mother's faith
Can help on life's way
And inspire in us the confidence
We need from day to day.

For a Mother's heart and a Mother's faith
And a Mother's steadfast love
Were fashioned by the Angels
And sent from God above...






maman






My Mother

by Anne Taylor
 

Who fed me from her gentle breast,
And hushed me in her arms to rest,
And on my cheek sweet kisses prest?

My Mother. When pain and sickness made me cry,
Who gazed upon my heavy eye,
And wept, for fear that I should die?

My Mother. Who dressed my doll in clothes so gay,
And fondly taught me how to play,
And minded all I had to say?

My Mother. Who ran to help me when I fell,
And would some pretty story tell,
Or kiss the place to make it well?

My Mother. And can I ever cease to be
Affectionate and kind to thee,
Who was so very kind to me?
My Mother.











My Mother's Heart

by Jill Lemming
 

My mother's heart is so tender
and her face has a gentle glow
She's my friend and my inspiration,
she's the sweetest mom I know.

She gives herself so freely
to those who share her life
She clearly loves her children
with the love that comes from Christ

Her eyes are full of compassion
her voice is soft and mild
She lives for helping others,
leaving "heartprints" all the while.

My mother's love is special
and grows sweeter with every year
God blessed me with an angel;
she's my precious mother, dear.













What is a Mother?

by Anonymous
 

A mother is someone who loves you
Who cares for you in every way
She sits down and listens
to what you have to say

She always thinks your beautiful
Never puts you down
She always has a smile
To wipe away your frown

A mother is someone who believes in you
Always pushes you to go far
Tells you to believe in yourself
No matter who you are

A mother is like an angel
Although without the wings
She tells you to enjoy
Life's most smallest things

I really love my mother
She means so much to me
Mommy I really love you
And that's how it always will be.












What is a Mother Worth?

by Anonymous
 

I humbly appraise my mother's worth,
It began with pain to give me birth,
Which triggered off a love so strong,
Blossoming into a life-long bond.

When needed, she was always there,
Someone I realized would always care.
And the older I got the more I knew,
A mother's love sincere and true.

Now as I watch my mother age in years,
I'm happy to help and ease her fears.
Privileged now to play my part,
As she did for me from the very start












Wonderful Mother

by Pat O'Reilly
 

God made a wonderful mother,
A mother who never grows old;

He made her smile of the sunshine,
And He moulded her heart of pure gold;

In her eyes He placed bright shining stars,
In her cheeks fair roses you see;

God made a wonderful mother,
And He gave that dear mother to me.









You Where There

by Anonymous
 

You were there when we took our first steps,
And went unsteadily across the floor.
You pushed and prodded: encouraged and guided,
Until our steps took us out the door...

You worry now "Are they ok?"
Is there more you could have done?
As we walk the paths of our unknown
You wonder "Where have my children gone?"

Where we are is where you have led us,
With your special love you showed us a way,
To believe in ourselves and the decisions we make.
Taking on the challenge of life day-to-day.

And where we go you can be sure,
In spirit you shall never be alone.
For where you are is what matters most to us,
Because to us that will always be home...


MAMAN ET ENFANT ( S )






Mothers Are Special

by Anonymous
 

There is no love like a mother's love,
no stronger bond on earth
Like the precious bond that comes from God,
to a mother when she gives birth.

A mother's love is forever strong,
never changing for all time
And when her children need her most,
a mother's love will shine.

God bless these special mothers,
God bless them every one
For all the tears and heartache,
and for the special work they've done.

When her days on earth are over,
a mother's love lives on
Through many generations,
with God's blessings on each one.

Be thankful for our mothers,
for they love with a higher love
From the power God has given,
and the strength from up above.














Moms and Daughters

by Anonymous
 

You can see it in their eyes,
in tender hugs and long good-byes,
a love that only moms and daughters know.

You can see it in their smiles,
through passing years and changing styles,
a friendship that continually seems to grow.

You can see it in their lives,
the joy each one of them derives,
in just knowing that the other one is there...

To care and to understand,
lend an ear or hold a hand,
and to celebrate the memories they share.









Legacy of Love

by Anonymous
 

I've copied you, Mother
My words echo your voice
You're my shining example
The one of my choice

Not thinking about it
I've copied your style
The way that you walk
The way that you smile

You fashioned my dreams
You painted my hopes
I've learned to make knots
At the end of my ropes

We all learn to love,
But not from a friend
I learned your strength
And when I should bend

Mom, you've mapped the way
To Heaven above
By teaching me kindness
By teaching me love